The interview is conducted in formats and patterns. The format of the interview is decided based on the type and nature of the job. There are different kinds of interview. These different interviews are conducted as per the nature of the job requirements. The interviews involve asking of questions. The employers put the job seekers with the questions based on the job requirements.
It is very much possible that the employers might ask questions out of the interview pattern and requirements. It depends on the HR manager how sincere and disciplined he is. The employer or the interviewer might also ask illegal questions to the job candidates. The illegal questions imply questions that are against the organizational and legal rules.
Ways to respond to illegal questions asked during an interview:
- Job candidate should play safe
- Be mentally prepared enough to mark the difference between the good and the bad
- Be alert enough to identify such questions and respond accordingly
- Avoid to answer such questions as much as possible
- Face the situation with patience and smartness
- Divert the conversational track to some other topic to change the questioning category